Saturday, March 6, 2010

Maxi Dresses.....

So two years ago, I decided to try out selling maxi dresses and they sold like crazy. Last year, I thought the trend may have died but decided to give it a try again and they flew off the racks again. So this year, I was thinking that maxi dresses would surely be dead but yet again, they're selling. I even read that rompers were replacing the maxi dresses in People but I think they're wrong about this one.
I scoured the internet for hours this morning to find cool maxi dresses and let me tell you, I had a really hard time finding ones that struck me. And out of the better ones, it was also hard to find maxis that were affordable. What do you girls think? Is the maxi dress dead or will you still rock them? Here are my picks:

Kiyonna Hailey chiffon maxi dress $138

Torrid purple ruched-bodice tube maxi dress $42.98

Monif C "Sunner" Colorblock maxi dress $235

Topshop.com Pin tuck and lace maxi dress 75GBP

citychiconline.com Maxi hibiscus print $95.87

Jen's Fashion Plus (http://stores.ebay.com/jens-fashionplus) Purple striped maxi dress $27.99

Anna Scholz Black Label Horse print jersey plait maxi dress 129GBP

12 comments:

  1. I have actually never rocked the maxi, but some of these dresses are really pretty, so I might have to change that....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey You! I've missed you! I think you'd look awesome in a maxi dress! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wore my first maxi dress last year and I LOVE them now! I actually just received one for the review i need to do. I can't wait to show you guys. I can't do a romper...too many hips and thighs but I can do a maxi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jen, I am also someone who has never worn a maxi... I like showing a little leg and so it has been a long time since I have even tried one on - that being said, I do love the Monif C and City Chic dresses you have chosen here - maybe I should try one on again next time I am at Evans... hmm... xxx.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nik! I'm the opposite, the maxi looks weird on me but the romper works, I bought my first one last year too.
    Hi Em, I think I'm the same but what bothers me about the maxis that I've tried on is the cling to my tummy which I hate! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love maxi dresses and how they look on with cute sandals but I've never worn one because a) it'd probably be too short and b) being top heavy I'd rather flash leg than my arms hahaha. Although if I could afford it, that Anna Scholz dress would be mine!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, me too, if only I could afford Anna Scholz! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Jen, I still love the Maxi, and over here in the UK they are still heavily featured in stores like Monsoon, and thank god, because few things are as magically transforming, on me, as the magical maxi dress! I will be stocking up with more again this year for sure!
    And Steph...I am not blessed in the arm department either, but find its nothing that a little carefully chosen shrug can't fix :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the look of maxi dresses, but it's been so hard finding one for myself since I'm about 5'1". Almost every maxi dress I find is too long for me haha.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm afraid maxidresses let me look shorter than I am...[I'm 173cm (5'7"?)]

    I guess I'll have to try it out, too!

    But I'd go for Monif C's or your maxidress... great color combinations!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Maybe a long dress that's supposed to hit at the calf might work for you guys. I'm about 5'4" and most of them hit right below the ankle on me.

    ReplyDelete