Monday, January 11, 2010

Lilli from Frocks & Frou Frou.....


I met Lilli recently while looking up new blogs online. She caught my attention because of her incredibly unique and feminine style. She was nice enough to stop by and chat for a while...well, at least through email :) You can check her blog out here: http://frocksandfroufrou.blogspot.com/. She updates daily with fantastic outfits.



Name: Lilli Hingee
Age: 31
Location: Melbourne, Australia

Can you describe a little about your personal style? I like classic clothing with tailored silhouettes, feminine styles with defined waists and full skirts. I'm a real skirts-and-dresses girl (I used to have tantrums as a child when Mum tried putting me in trousers. It had to have a skirt, and it had to twirl!) These days I'm a bit more tolerant of pants and jeans, but I still like to have a bit of girly something - brooches, statement shoes, a bit of nonsense somewhere to inject a bit of personality into the outfit.



Inspirations/Icons: I take a bit of inspiration from the media - TV & Movies provide a lot of ideas. Shows like Mad Men and Pushing Daisies have a great retro aesthetic. I also like to read other fashion blogs too see what's out there (my current favourite's Emily Martin's Some Girls Wander - http://theblackapple.typepad.com/somegirlswander which just makes me want to cry sometimes it's so gorgeous), and I'm on www.etsy.com every day. I'd like to be more adventurous with mixing colours and prints, so when I look at fashion magazines or catalogues that's usually what I'm looking for. I don't tend to follow "trends" as such, so I usually just try to trust my own instincts.


What you love most about fashion: I love that you can present your own personality in a certain way through fashion. It can be like a billboard for yourself, proclaiming the kind of person you are.

1 comment: