Thursday, December 31, 2009

Danielle On Making Summery Clothes Wintery....

The beautiful Danielle did a wonderful Outfit Of The Day post on Fatshionista for me about a month ago. She took a sleeveless dress and accessorized it to make it into a winter outfit. I wanted to share the post here. Be sure to check out Danielle's page at: http://elleinwonderland.wordpress.com/


So, I've been grappling a lot with my wardrobe recently. I seem to have lots and lots and lots of summer clothing and just not enough long-sleeved shirts, sweaters, and more.

That said, since it's time to strap down and save money (and the fact that I am once again on a student budget), I can't always afford to just go out and buy those shirts and stuff. So I'm trying something new--I'm trying to incorporate summery clothes into winter. I have a buttload of dresses that I absolutely love, but sometimes feel I can't wear because of the weather.

Here's what I tried:



Your model today is about 5'8" and around 280 pounds. I normally wear somewhere around a size 22.



(By the way, I apologize for the photos being sort of funky.)

Here's what I'm wearing:

Colorblock dress with POCKETS!! -- Jen's Fashion Plus (which I ADORE--affordable and fab!) -- size 3X
Leggings -- Torrid -- 3X
Boots -- Torrid (last year) -- 3X

I didn't get a photo of this, but I wore this outfit out with a lightweight long-sleeved sweater that I also got from Jen's Fashion Plus, and I felt it was warm enough AND season appropriate, despite the tank-top-style dress.

Details!!



I hope this isn't too hard to see, but I'm wearing this fantastic feather-fanned headband I got from Etsy.



These earrings were made from beads from this bracelet:



which used to be on stretchy cord and then broke. The beads are made from paper, by women in Africa, and the proceeds went right back to them. I got this bracelet at a place in Portland, Oregon, called Global Exchange. If you guys are around, definitely check it out!....



Anyway, thanks for looking. I'm hoping for more suggestions on working with what I already have this winter. Recessionistas unite!!

4 comments:

  1. Aww, thanks for the love! I'm wearing one of your dresses tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Any time, you're the best! Have fun tonight! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! It's actually from my store :)

    ReplyDelete