Friday, December 11, 2009

Club Catalina: San Diego's Size Acceptance Night Club

This past Summer, I was introduced to a wonderful lady named Kathy. Kathy runs a club in San Diego called Club Catalina. I took a weekend trip down to San Diego to check her club out and mingle a bit. I had a blast. Kathy is just the best and so was every single person that I met there. I ran into zero drama, everyone was just there to have a good time.


Kathy is the lovely lady on the right :)

So recently, I asked Kathy to tell me more about herself, Club Catalina and her inspiration. Here's what she said:

"Hi I'm Kathy Hernandez the owner/promoter of Club Catalina in San Diego which is San Diego's BBW/Size Acceptance Night Club. I am 42 years old and I grew up in Michigan and Florida but I have been in San Diego County for 24 years so I definitely consider San Diego County home for me. Club Catalina had it's first party two years ago on November 3, 2007. I started going to other BBW Night Clubs up North about 6 years ago and the accepting atmosphere is something everyone should experience and be a part of. I have made a lot of friends in the BBW Community over the past 6 years and I knew San Diego needed a BBW Size Acceptance Night Club so we didn’t have to travel an hour and a half to 2 hours to be at a BBW Night Club up North. We do car pools up to the other BBW Night Clubs when Club Catalina is closed but its nice to have the option to have a BBW Night Club that is close by in San Diego also. I have been a big girl for most of my life so I know the challenges that can be in our community regarding size acceptance. The goal of having Club Catalina is to let people know that its ok if your not a size 2 and you are still beautiful at any size you are currently at, and it's okay to be out there dancing and having a great time with friends. Staying at home because you don’t feel you would fit in at a night club when you love dancing is why I love promoting Club Catalina because we are out there dancing, mingling, and making new friends in a very relaxed and friendly atmosphere. I do a lot of theme nights such as Corset Night, Jersey Night, Black and White Night, Goth Night, Sexy School Girl Night, Pajama/Sexy Nightie Night, Halloween Parties, Christmas Parties and Valentine’s Day themes because a lot of people like to dress up for the theme parties. We have events outside of Club Catalina like the bonfires, bbw clothing exchanges, Club Catalina League Bowling Team, speed dating, board game and cards nights, going to the movies because we like to get together as a group outside of when we are dancing together at Club Catalina. BBW's and BHM's and their admirers are able to party, wear sexy clothes and be themselves in an accepting atmosphere. Club Catalina is currently located inside Riley's at 2901 Nimitz Blvd, Pt Loma CA 92106. The Club Catalina location at Riley's has a stripper pole, stage, huge dance floor, 2 pool tables, darts, great drink prices, free parking and over flow parking at Pacific Western Bank. Club Catalina's main web site is www.bbwclubcatalina.com and there are links to the my space and yahoo group on there. We mainly play hip hop, R & B, reggae, anything you hear on the top 100 for hip hop and R & B and some old school and 80's but if you want to hear something than just let me know and I'll see if my dj has the song you want to hear. The cover charge is $10.00 all night long and your wristband allows you ins and outs to Club Catalina. I think word of mouth from people who come to the night club is a very strong and positive way to promote Club Catalina because we are talking directly to our friends, family and people we meet about a place we love dancing and partying at. Club Catalina has been a proud club sponsor for the Las Vegas BBW Bash and NAAFA Conventions. I hope to see all of you at Club Catalina and don't forget to tell a friend about Club Catalina!!"





If you're ever in the San Diego area, I highly recommend stopping by and checking Club Catalina out. I had a blast and will definitely be back on my next visit to San Diego.

4 comments:

  1. https://www.facebook.com/events/432408093616383/?ti=cl

    ReplyDelete
  2. https://www.facebook.com/events/432408093616383/?ti=cl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the nice blog. It was very useful for me. I'm happy I found this blog. Thank you for sharing with us,I too always learn something new from your post.
    Φωταεριο Γκαζι

    ReplyDelete
  4. I recently found many useful information in your website especially this blog page. Among the lots of comments on your articles. Thanks for sharing.
    μπουζουκια αθηνα χειμωνας 2019

    ReplyDelete